69-70 Moo 1 Mitraphab, Km.115 Thambon Talingchan, Amphur Muang, Saraburi Province 18000
Tel : 0-3622-4171-8 Fax: 0-3622-4170
408/163-165 Phaholyothin Place Building 40th Floor, Phaholyothin Road, Samsennai, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400
Tel : 0-2619-0742-4 Fax : 0-2619-048
269 Moo 3, Tambon Samran, Amphur Muang,Khon kaen Province 40000
Tel : 0-4339-3390-1
169-170 Moo 4, Mitraphap Road, Tambon Tan Diao, Amphur Kaengkhoi, Saraburi 18110
Tel : 0-3622-4171-8 Ext. 401-420
"To become the better choice for customers"
"We are in the business of manufacturing and distribution and also providing service for roof tiles, wall sidings and equipment/accessories. We believe that the capability to respond to the requirements and expectations of our customers, employees, society and our shareholders is the basis for the success and achievement of our mission."
"We shall be diligent, dedicated in our work, and strive towards success and excellence, in attempting to maintain a balance of interest for all related parties, that is, customers, employees, and shareholders working together as one. This is achievable through integrity, honesty, justice, and transparency, where the knowledge is shared and improved on a continual basis, with ongoing development to make a better difference."
Here we use a popular abbreviation to portray our corporate value as "D-BUILD" which stands for
D - Diligence :having perseverance and dedication to work, commitment towards success and excellence.
B - Balance :maintaining the balance of interest for all related parties, e.g. customers, employees, and shareholders.
U - Unity :working together as one.
I - Integrity :promoting justice and fairness and transparency in actions and conduct.
L - Learning :acquiring the knowledge and sharing, improving on a continual basis.
D - Differentiation :developing constantly to make a better difference.
The Company has established strategies in line with its vision, mission, and values as follows;
“Diamond Building Products Public Company Limited is highly committed to the manufacturing of roof tile products and artificial board products of superior quality under TISI standards, providing excellent service, and maintaining constant development for the benefit of customer satisfaction.”
The company places the highest emphasis on quality in every aspect, which includes quality of products and production based on quality assurance system, with strict quality control measure to ensure perfection in every step, from selection of raw materials, production quality, packaging, quick and on-time delivery, to excellent after sales service. This has allowed the company to obtain the ISO 9001:2008 certifications from TUV NORD institution on January 22, 2010. Top quality products under the trademark "Diamond" are divided into 3 main categories: fiber cement roof tiles, concrete roof tiles, and artificial boards.
Diamond fiber cement roof tiles come in the form of flat sheets of particle board-type, Roman tiles, small corrugated tiles, Venetian tiles and roof ridges, and are available in distinct colors and forms. Special properties include light-weightiness that relieves the load fon roof structures, and also being easy-to-install. In addition, the company also manufactures roof ridges that are installation parts to the roof, which adds to the beautiful touch. Diamond fiber cement roof tiles are authorized to bear the TIS 79-2529, TIS 1407-2540, TIS 1427-2540 labels from Thai Industrial Standards Institute, the Ministry of Industry.
Diamond concrete roof tiles are notable in their appearance, from the process of color coating using the Wet on Wet system, including a glossy finish with a special type of coating thus adding to the beauty and durability of Diamond concrete roof tiles. And they also come in various colors, which include standard colors, special colors, premium and metallic colors. Diamond concrete roof tiles are assured in quality with the TIS 535-2540 label.
Diamond artificial boards comprise of lathes, eaves, mouldings, sidings and side boards that have been developed as replacements for natural wood, with the goal to help preserve the environment. Key notable properties are being resistant to moisture and chemicals, safeguarding against insects, having ability to withstand pressure and exhibiting high flexibility and versatility. Diamond artificial board products come in different colors, and bear distinctive contour and natural pattern, and also best suited for home decoration and construction equipment, which bears the TIS 1427-2540 label from Thai Industrial Standards Institute, the Ministry of Industry.
The company has organized trainings to provide knowledge for its employees, so that they are aware of the requirements for the quality management system that will bring about successful work management and answer to the demand and expectation of customers, as well as support the development of the work system on a continual basis.
The company has conducted calibration testing for measurement devices, provided guidance for utilizing the tools and equipment, and supported maintenance for the devices used for measurement, as well as promoted communication and public relation, so that employees are truly aware and understand the importance of using measurement devices.
And to further ensure that each and every product delivered to customer is up to standard and guarantees the highest level of satisfaction from utilization the company has also organized follow-up inspection for the maintenance of the company's system as well as for the suppliers of raw materials for the company. This is to guarantee that corporate sectors and suppliers have well-established management system, and to promote confidence that all products and service under the trademark of “Diamond” are of high standards.
The company has introduced various activities to boost productivity, that is, the 5S, QCC: Quality Control Circle, Kaizen suggestion and TPM: Total Productive Maintenance, which is the tool to increase the production and service efficiency, to reduce cost, and to foster the participation of employees of the company.
The Board of Directors is determined to develop its organization with transparent management, good governance and to look after the interest of the stakeholders and society in general, to develop its personnel with morality and accountability, operating business with prudence and honesty, to improve the quality of life and environment advancing towards success of social responsibility for existence and sustainable growth of the Company’s business and acceptance by every group of stakeholders. Accordingly, the Company has carried out these matters as follows.
1. Organizational Governance
With intention to become a leading organization operating to build credibility among the shareholders and every stakeholder involved with the business operation in order to increase value of the organization and promote sustainable growth; therefore, the Company places importance on the principles of good corporate governance by adhering to business operating principles with accountability, responsibility, equitable treatment, transparency, vision to create long term value and ethics in business operation, as well as looking after social and environment (details can be seen in the “Corporate Governance” on Page 49).
2. Fair Operating Practices
The Company adheres to principle of fair business operation and promotes its employees at every level to operate with prudence and honesty by adhering to the business ethics, which has a fair business operating policy toward every group of stakeholders, namely the shareholders, customers, trading partners and competitors, without seeking for own benefit, which has conflict of interest with the Company and stakeholders, as well as keeping confidential of secrets relating to business operation with the stakeholders.
The Company has compensation measures in case of a stakeholder has suffered damage form violation of law by the Company. The Company provides opportunity for notifying clue or complaint about illegal action or infamous conduct through the independent Director and Audit Committee. The Company has also established a procedure for the process after the notification of clue by checking on the information and reporting to the Board of Directors later.
The Company has established good practices concerning with giving and receiving of business gifts, assets of other benefits with objective aiming not to open any channel for cheating or create discomfort for the receiver or having impact on the decision involving reciprocal relationship with the gift giver or create unfair situation with other relevant parties. The Company shall consider mainly the intention of the giver and receiver.
In addition, the Company has established operating guidelines for the executives and employees according to the value as expected by the Company, including the code of conduct and accountability with the stakeholders for the benefit of building operational behaviors standard of the executives and employees based honesty. The Good Corporate Governance Handbook and the Code of Conduct and disseminated on the Company’s website (www.dbp.co.th) for acknowledgement and practice by every executive and employee throughout the organization with constant monitoring of the practice.
3. Respect for Human Rights and Fair Labor Practices
The Company has policy to conduct its business with respect to the laws and adherence to human rights and shall not support any business that violates human rights. The Company shall practice principle of justice in management of compensation, benefits and other employment terms and conditions, as well as recognize the workers’ right to freedom of association, not using forced labor or child labor, no allowance of discrimination. The Company shall support equal opportunity for every employee and humane working conditions, organize activities to encourage participation by the employees to build relationship and unity among the employees, carry out selection without gender discrimination, freedom of religion, expression of political opinion, etc. The Company emphasizes on fair treatment of employees and with dignity as part of the Company, adhering to the Labor Protection Act and Thai Labor Standard as well as other relevant laws and regulations as follows.
3.1 Employment: Appointment, transfer and remuneration shall be conducted in fairness by considering qualifications on education, experience, physical condition and other necessary conditions of the employee on such job position. In addition, the Company has increased the provident fund from 3 to 5 percent according to the employment period to encourage saving, which the saving amount can be chosen by the employee and the Company will add equal amount to the fund.
3.2 Welfare: Medical treatment and safety are deemed responsibility of the Company, which must oversee the welfare of the employees and maintain the workplace in proper, safe and sanitarian condition, and strictly adheres to the laws relating to labor as well as considers the importance of employees’ security.
3.3 Complain: The Company has established means for the employees to submit complaints to the Company in case of unfair treatment, wrongful action or negligence with regard to the regulation or contract or agreement that were agreed upon. The complainer is required to proceed according to the complaint procedure as set forth within the Company’s regulation regarding Company’s business operation.
3.4 Human Resources Development: The Company has policy to develop the capability of the personnel in order to increase competitiveness, to support and provide training and seminar relating to operation of each working unit, which are deemed important in developing quality employees and achieving growth. In 2012, the Company arranged for the following training courses for human resources development.
Human resource development in 2012 focused on promoting core value and building corporate culture, capability development, as well as development of production capacity increase and operational safety, which can be summarized as follows.
3.4.1 Core Value Promotion and Corporate Culture Building
The Company has organized training courses on the “Core Value” for every employee with goal to develop competency for the employee that is suitable with the operation, including taking the core value for self development and using it in daily life. Moreover, the employees will have the sense of unity and love for the organization.
3.4.2 Human Potential Development
The Company emphasizes on the development of employees’ potential other than the capacity that they have in their job position, including the development of latency within each employee, and therefore, the Company organizes training courses such as “Train the Trainer” for the employees in Engineering and Maintenance Division taking steps to become professional experts and arrange teaching schedule for teaching their colleagues under the “Diamond Teachers” project.
3.4.3 Productivity Improvement
In expansion of production capacity, improvement of production efficiency to reduce the amount of waste from the process, the Company has organized training courses for every level of employees from the executive to the operation level including courses on TPM, Kaizen and 5S, etc. The objective is so that the employees can take various tools from each course and apply them in their operation to increase production capacity, improve efficiency and make the process easier, more convenient and also reduce the cost of production.
The Company gives highest priority on safety issue and therefore, has organized training courses and provided knowledge to the employees on safety by starting with the review on creating sense of safety at the level of foreman, employee and contractor. In addition, training courses are provided to ascertain that the employees are aware of their role and responsibility for participation concerning safety issues such as the safety training course for the foreman, as the first-aid training course for the benefit of the employees who can take this knowledge for use at word and their daily life.
4. Consumer Issues
The Company realizes the importance of customer satisfaction to the successful business. Therefore, the Company has intention to seek for more efficient and effective means to meet the requirements of the customers, having guidelines as follows.
· Delivery of products and services with quality as per specifications or better than customer’s expectation at a fair price.
· Provide accurate, sufficient and timely information to the customer concerning products and services without exaggeration causing misunderstanding about the quality, or any terms for such products or services.
· Contact the customer with courtesy, effectiveness and with trust by the customer and establish a process system for customers to file complaints concerning the quality and safety of the products, as well as provide quick response or delivery and put effort to the last in order to provide the customer with quick response.
· Keep confidential of customer’s information, which shall not be wrongfully used for own and others’ benefit.
· Provide consultation concerning the effective use of products and services of the Company for the maximum benefit of the customer.
In 2012, the Company did not receive any significant complaint due to the use of Company’s products. Information and news were provided correctly and sufficiently to the customers for management benefit of both the producer and consumer.
Accordingly, for the responsibility to other groups of stakeholders namely shareholders, customers, trading partners, competitors and accounts payable, the Company has made announcement regarding the Code of Conduct to be used as guidelines for Company’s operations, which is included in the Good Corporate Governance Handbook, being disseminated on the Company’s website.
5. Community and Social Operations
5.1 Policy on Social Responsibility
The Company adheres to the good corporate governance policy for its business operation and has established corporate social responsibility as part of the company’s Code of Conduct. This is due to the fact that the Company realizes the importance of the wore “Social” that is the key mechanism for supporting and pushing forward the Company for its existence, sustainability and development, as well as acceptance by all concerned parties. It started from small association within the organization including Directors, executives and employees, which is the heart of promoting potential and competitiveness toward society at the community level, as well as encouraging the Directors, executives and employees of the Company to work in the same direction. Accordingly, the Company has established the policy on social responsibility as follows.
“Corporate social and environmental responsibility policy is considered a duty and responsibility of the directors, executives and employees to operate the business with ethics and accountability to the society, to participate in the development of community, society and environment in general, to respect the laws and human rights without discrimination regardless whether the concerned parties have different race, religion or culture, to manage with fairness, to instill social responsibility in the employees at every level seriously and constantly without expecting anything in return, to promote activities that are beneficial to the community and society for the stability and sustainable development.”
Under the following guidelines:
· Organization Level Activities: Skill development activities for the directors, executives and employees and every level to build knowledge base within the organization, to encourage participation of the employees in expressing their opinions on the organization, to participate in the community development and environmental protection within the organization.
· Community Level Activities: Activities which are in line with the Company’s business operation that can be carried out in long term, to bring about continuous development of education and learning of both the quality of life of the people in the society that the Company conducts its business and the society in general, to help the society in case of a disaster and to support learning development and instill social responsibility in the young persons.
The Company has established channels channels for communication and dissemination of operations concerning social and community for acknowledgment by the Company’s employees and all concerned parties through the Company’s website as follows.
· Within the Company via http: //drt/ under Topic “Social Responsibility”
· Outside the Company via http: //www.dbp.co.th/trade_information.htm in the “Investor Information” under Topic “Social Responsibility”
5.2 Corporate Level Activities
According to the social corporate responsibility above, in 2012, the Company has promoted activities which encouraged participation by the employees in offering ideas and opinions about the organization, participation in the development of community, social and maintaining good environment within the organization by establishing the following guidelines.
5.2.1 Safety, Health and Environment (SHE)
The Company realizes the importance of occupational health and safety in the workplace due to the fact that accidents, injuries and illnesses from working are preventable with good sense on safety and participation by everyone in the organization. In the past year, the Company continued to carry out works concerning safety of the employees, contractors and visitors by offering training courses, campaigns and activities concerning the occupational health and safety in the workplace as follows.
(A) Safety Campaign Activities
· “SHE LOVE YOU” Activity : Safety campaign during the Valentine’s Day festival
· “Safety Talk และ KYT” Activity : Campaign to promote story tellings about safety in every area.
· “Water Play with SHE” Activity : Campaign for promoting safe trip home during Songkran Festival including Buddha water pouring ceremony, respected elders water pouring, games and activities for sending employees home with “sleepy curing” bag for safe trip.
· “Diamond’s Fight against Drugs” Activity : Campaign to promote health and reduce factors causing crimes.
· “Mobile Clinic…Happy All” Activity : Health consultation and medicine administering services in the working areas.
· “Bicycle Check and Registration” Activity : Campaign for safe bicycle riding. Set regulations and limits on the use of bicycles within the factory for traffic safety.
· “Annual Health Checkup” : Health checkup according to risk factors of employees and contractors
· “Help SHE Please” Activity : Campaign to encourage employees and contractors to report unsafe incidents such as unsafe conduct, risky or hazardous situation and near-accident incidents.
· “Occupational Safety Week” Activity : Activity to promote safety, health and environment
· “New Year Campaign for Don’t Drive Drunk” Activity : Campaign to promote “don’t Drive Drunk” during the New Year Festival
· “Waste Separation” Activity” : Training on separation of waste within the factory to promote environmental protection, to dispose waste at the right place to reduce waste separation time and treatment.
· And other activities
(B) Accident Statistics of Year 2006-2012
In 2012, the number of accidents increased by 13 times as compared to the previous year due to large increase of employees including permanent employees and daily workers and higher turnover ratio than the previous year, making it difficult to provide safety training to every person. Therefore, in 2013, employees’ safety is considered the main duty of the executives in every level to pay serious attention in order to reduce the number of accidents.
Safety Training: Safety working team together with the Production and Engineering Division and Maintenance have prepared handbooks for machinery clearing, construction and accident prevention guidelines by making assessment and safety improvement at the machinery and surrounding areas. In addition, safety training courses are given to every new employees and new full day, 6-hour course. Morning safety Talks are conducted in the morning before work for over 800 times per year. Other safety training and activities include first-aid practice, machinery cleaning method and procedure, forklift truck safety lessons, crane operation training, and basic fire fighting courses. Moreover, annual safety exhibition is held every year. In 2012, training courses on the role of safety officers were given to 59 employees at the executive level and to 190 employees at the foreman level, etc.
(C) Effective Work Improvement Activities
· 5 S Activity is participated by every executive, employees and contractor, joining together to develop and improve working areas for cleanliness and increase work effectiveness for products and materials storage, by dividing into 4 categories, namely large-sized factory, small-sized factory, materials storage and office. In 2012, the Company received the “5S Award” certificate at the Thailand 5S Award Event from the Technology Promotion Association (Thai-Japanese) for the materials store and warehouse areas in addition to the office area and Accounting and Finance Division, which had received the award a year earlier.
The Company has carried out 5S activity since 2007 with objective that the 5S activity would be part of the operation with every employees taking part for good and safe working environment, building good sense of efficient work improvement and foreseeing the received benefits such ad cleanliness, orderly product and material storage for convenient usage, reduction of brokent products, reduction of storage area. Therefore, the 5S activity has been initiated and carried out at the Company’s stores for several years. In 2012, 5S activity was introduced in many of Company’s stores, including specific assistance in organizing the 5S activity for customers whom were affected by the heavy flood in Bangkok, which tremendously pleased the Company’s customers.
· TPM Project : The Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) is undertaken by every employee through groupworks activities with aim to improve the effectiveness of the machinery to the highest level, knowledge and skill development of employees which shall improve the performance of the organized training programs since year 2010 including the TPM 6Basics (fundamental training in the areas of Bolt & Nut, Pneumatics, Transmission, Lubrication, Electrical and Hydraulics). Currently, the training courses are taught by internal experts developed from within the Company with skill in certain areas of maintenance and fostering social responsibility. The TPM project is well received and participated by the employees from every department.
5.2.2 Social Level Activities
Activities on the social level are carried out within the Company for the persons having interest with the Company’s operations namely, the executives and employees of the Company. The Company has organized activities in many festivals to encourage love and helpfulness among the employees in case of a disaster so that they have good sense to help each other, including family members of the employees. These activities can be summarized as follows.
· Mother’s Day Activity : the Company organized the Mother’s Day event, having contest for the employees to make shirt and send card to tell the mother that they love her.
· “Sushi Child…Diamond Breed” Activity : During school holidays, the company organized activity for employees to bring in their children to practice making sushi to promote family activity for future profession or family activity over holidays.
· “Mind Development for Balanced Life Year 2” Activity: The Company encourages the employees to practice the dharma, meditation, and have cheerful mind in order to have good sense for life and work.
· “Assistance for Employees Affected by the Flood” Activity: The Company provided money and goods to help the employees whom were affected by the flood disaster for a total amount of Baht 3,127,934.
· “Mother’s Breast Feeding Corner” Activity: The Company provided area for providing knowledge in pumping breast milk for the female employees and contractors.
· “Blood Donation Drive” Activity: The employees participated in the blood donation in March, June, September and December at the Diamond Brand Kitchen.
5.3 Community Level Activities
Activities at the community level are in line with the business operation of the Company that can be carried out continuously for the benefit of society and communities surrounding the Company. In 2012, the Company has carried out the following activities.
(A) Skill Development Training Project: Bringing knowledge and skill in roof installation to the people in the community to create jobs and increase income to the people in the community. The Company has organized several programs as follows.
· “Phra Dabos” Project : The Company joined the technical training program and supplied course materials for the students of Dabos School under the royal patronage of the king foundation, which has been carried out for several years. The Company foresees the importance of this mission and has confidence in the Company’s personnel for taking part in the development of the training course in construction-roof tile installation for Phra Dabos students as an alternertive course as well as expansion of technical knowledge and profession.
· “Luk Phar Dabos” Project : Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn presided over the opening ceremony of the Chaloem Phrakiat 84 Phansa His Majesty the King Public Park under the Luk Phra Dabos Project on September 19, 2012, which The Company was very proud of its participation and donation of the “Phra Dabos Diamond” pavilion to the Phra Dabos Foundation under the royal patronage of the King.
· “Diamond Heart” Project : The Company organized “Diamond Heart” training course Class 1 for nearby community, providing knowledge on roof installation, siding boards and eaves installation by using Company’s products.
In 2013, the Company coordinated with the Department of Skill Development of Saraburi Province to assign and include the “Diamond Heart Technician” program into the skill development plan for year 2013 with 5-day training course including 2-day theoretical part and 3-day practical part with course certificate to be issued to the course participants.
(B) Development Projects with the Community
· “Green Village” Project : The Company provided roofing tiles, ceilings and boards under the Diamond Brand with total value of around Baht 1 million to the “Green Village by Insee Project”, a model green village, which has delivered 20 houses to the community of Baan Khlong Sai, Amphur Maharaj, Ayutthaya Province, the community that was affected by the heavy flood in 2011.
· “Good Sanitation” Project” : The Company provided roofing tiles and Diamond Ultra Trusses together with Sansiri Pcl. In the construction of dining canteen for good sanitation for children in the remote area at Baan Kork Chang Pattana School, Prajuab Kirikhan Province.
· “Community Relations” Project : The Company provided roofing tiles and synthetic wood for construction of government sector and education buildings in nearby communities and temples.
(C) Activities with the Community
· National Children Day : The Company supported Children Day activity at the Subdistrict Administration Organization of Tan Diao and Wat Huay Lee, Tumbon Taling Chan on January 13, 2012, including activities such as games, sculpture painting, prizes, food and drinks for students and parents.
· “Share the Love and Kindness to Blind Children” Activity: jointly donation of consumer goods and lunch for the school for the blind in Lopburi Province
· “Merit Making on the Buddhist Lent Day” Activity” : The Company and employees together made merit and lent candle offering at Jumsil Temple and Nong Bua Temple in Saraburi Province
· “Financial Support for Teachers Respect Ceremony” Activity: The Company jointly funded Nong Bua School, Tumbon Taling Chan in the Teachers Respect Ceremony and Annual Merit Making Rite of the School.
· “Sports Day” Activty : Badminton friendship competition “Diamond Meets Insee” at the Badminton Court of Siam City Cement Pcl.
6. Environmental Concerns
The Company realizes the importance of environmental responsibility and considers responsibility in business operation, particularly in the production process which must not have adverse impact or damage to the environment and community, as well as, organizes environmental protection campaigns and activities, which can be summarized as follows.
6.1 Production Process : The Company has received certifications from TUV NORD Thailand Co.,Ltd and certified body form TUV NORD of Germany, which guarantees that the Company’s production process has good environmental management system. The Company has already received following three industrial standards and certifications.
· ISO 9001 : 2008 : Quality management system for both factory and office (Since 2003)
· OHSAS 18001 : 2007 : Occupational health and safety management system (Since 2005)
· ISO 14001 : 2004 : Environmental management system (Since 2009)
Other Certifications and Awards Received can be summarized ad follows.
· Year 2005: Received the Thai Industrial Standard (TIS) from the Thai Industrial Standards Institute, Ministry of Industry.
· Year 2007: Received the Safety Award on excellent reduction of accidents from the Department of Labor Protection and Welfare, Ministry of Labor and Social Welfare
· Year 2008-11: Received the Distinquished Enterprise Award in labor relation and welfare from the Ministry of Labor and in 2012, received from the Department of Labor Protection and Welfare, Saraburi Province.
· Year 2009: Received the Distinquished Thailand Brand from Department of Export Promotion, Ministry of Commerce.
· Year 2009: Received the Distinquished Regional Enterprise Award in Safety from the Ministry of Labor
· Year 2010: Received the “White Factory” Award (Drug Prevention) from the Labor Protection and Welfare Office of Saraburi Province.
· Year 2011-12: Received the “5S Award Model 2011” certificate at the Thailand 5S Award Event, from the Technology Promotion Association (Thai-Japanese) for the office area, Accounting and Finance Division, Logistics and Customer Service and Warehouse.
· Year 2012: The Company was placed ad Number 1 Brand “Diamond” as the most admired brand for roofing tiles in the construction materials category from the “Thailand’s Most Admired Brand 2012” ranking in the January 2012 issue of Brand Age Magazine
· Year 2012: Received a quality symbol, “Thailand Trust Mark” from the Department of International Trade Promotion (DITP). Ministry of Commerce, a guarantee of excellent quality product from Thailand, which will add value to the product, build strong market opportunity and increase consumer confidence.
· Year 2012: Received “Outstanding Company Performance Awards” from the “SET Awards 2012” on November 22, 2012, organized by the Stock Exchange of Thailand in cooperation with Money & Banking Magazine
Results of Environmental Condition Measurements
The Company Strictly adheres to the laws and regulations on environmental concerns as stipulated by the Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Labor and Ministry of Interior. The Company conducts its business under the social responsibility and environmental protection regularly and continuously. In 2012, the Company passed all the standards and criteria in the environmental condition air, dust, noise, water and waste in the production process, having no adverse impact or damage to the environment and resources of the community, which can be summarized ad follows.
· Measurement of air quality from the workplace condition such as steam boiler funnels, paint blowers, xylene, etc. in order to monitor the air quality so that it will not have impact on the environment.
· Monitoring of noise pollution, dust and chemical, which passed all the standard criteria.
· Monitoring of surface water quality surrounding the factory to be within the specified standard.
· Having the base solution pond system for recycling of water for re-use in the process, reducing water consumption and water pollution.
· Treatment of waster, broken tiles, sealer remains, oil residue and other wastes are transported and disposed outside the factory, which is permitted by the Department of Industrial Works, including reporting via website of the Department of Industrial Works, www.diw.go.th
Monitoring of Chrysotile in the Workplace
Monitoring of Air Quality in the Workplace
Monitoring of Air Quality from the Factory’s Funnels
Accordingly, the results of air quality check in both the workplace and funnels found no values which are exceeding the environmental standards.
For the reduction of water consumption, the Company has installed a water reservoir system for recycling and re-use in the production process.
For the air pollution caused by dust from tile cutting and volatile matter from tile coating, the Company has installed a dry process dust removal system, volatile matter suction room and paint dust and order collection system in the production process, including construction of hazardous waste storage building.
Investments on Reduction of Environmental Impact for the Past 5 Years
6.2 Energy Conservation Projects
The Company realizes the importance of environment management and efficient usage of energy power. Therefore, the Company emphasizes on establishing guidelines on energy conservation for the employees in order to encourage every employee to participate and practice within these guidelines in the conservation of energy tasks. For past several years, the Company has carried out the following duties concerning with the conservation of energy.
· The Company shall carry out and develop appropriate energy management system by establishing energy conservation as part of the plan and in line with the relevant laws and regulations.
· The Company shall continue to improve on the efficiency of energy resources utilization, which is suitable for the business and technology and good practices.
· The Company shall establish plan and objectives for the conservation of energy annually and communicate with the employees for correct understanding and practices.
· The Company believes that the conservation of energy is the responsibility of the executives and employees of the energy management team.
· The Company shall provide necessary support including human resources, technology, financial budget, training program and participation in presenting ideas concerning the energy development.
In 2013, the Company utilizes steam energy from a private power plant located adjacent to Company’s factory. The steam energy has 10% higher heating value than the steam produced by the Company. As a result, steam energy consumption has been reduced by 10%. The Company has also entered into a power purchase agreement from this power plant, which should increase the stability in electrical power for the production process. Accordingly, the energy consumption is more efficient, which has resulted in a reduction of energy cost and less impact to the social and environment.
The management and the energy management team shall review and improve its policy, objectives and energy operation plan every year for sustainable development.
7. New Innovation Projects
The Company has manufactured non-asbestos products in order to increase the variety of Company’s products and environmentally friendly namely, Jearanai tiles, Jatulon tiles, etc.
8. Fight Against Corruption
The Company has established the Internal Audit and Compliance Control Department reporting directly to the Audit Committee, with duties to oversee and monitor the internal control system of every department in the Company in order to ensure that the Company’s business operations, as well as establishment of guidelines for whistle-blowing for the employees to immediately notify of any dishonest occurrences in the Company through the Company’s website. The Company and prevention against bribery payment for business benefit within the Good Corporate Governance Handbook.
Awards of Pride
Development of Social and Environmental Responsibility
The Company promotes the development of social responsibility for the Company’s employees including product quality improvement and production process efficiency improvement in order to increase its competitiveness by developing skill, knowledge and understanding of its employees concerning Company’s business operation so that it will not have adverse impact on the social and environment. During year 2012, the Company has enrolled its employees into several traing courses and activities as follows.
1. CSR Workshop for the listed companies on “Managing CSR for Sustainable Development” Class 2, organized by the stock Exchange of Thailand during August 2, 2012 to October 2, 2012, totaling 8.5 training days.
2. Corporate Social Responsibility – Department of Industrial Works (CSR-DIW) Program in budget year 2013, organized by the stock Exchange of Thailand on September 26, 2012.
3. CSR (CSR Best Practices) for Listed Companies in the property & Construction sector, organized by the Department of Industrial Works during September 20-21, 2012.